Re: Debian: abandon ship?

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	Thank you. It is messages like this that make me continue to
>  put in the time and effort for Debian.

Well here's another one.

I've been using Debian for a long time on all the systems where the
choice has been mine.

Sure it is sometimes frustrating when releases seem slow in coming
but the rewards have been great. In my usage nothing has come close
to Debian for stability and ease of maintanance for multiple systems.
I have benefitted from the voluntary efforts of many who do what I am
either unwilling or unable to do.

I cut my teeth on a much earlier Slackware and as enjoyable as it was it
doesn't hold a candle to what Debian provides by way of package
management and dependancy handling. Timely security updates when the
release becomes 'stable' have also been a blessing. There are many
things I rarely need to think about thus freeing me to do the things I
really want to do.

You provide a quality product and you provide it for free. I for one
hope Debian continues as I have no desire do use the other Linux
alternatives.

I'm finished gushing and going back to lurking.

God bless,

Terry.