Re: Network problem/question.

The entire operation is behind a company firewall but
the local management doesn't want other company locations
browsing our LAN.  (Updated drawing below).  I have a few
more days to make this work, at which time the whole location
will be changed to the assigned subnet (10.x.x.x).

thanks,
tony

Ron Johnson wrote:
> How are you securing the win2000server against The Bad Guys?

> On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 02:11, tony mollica wrote:
> > To answer your question, on the WAN side, the router and
> > the win2000server have static addresses assigned by the
> > maintainer of the WAN.  The IP of eth1 on the Linux box is
> > assigned from the same subnet by me.
> >
> > I'm using ipchains on the Linux box and I'm still somewhat
> > unclear on what you propose below.  I need to do more reading

> >Hello.  I have a mixed network of Linux (Debian) and windows
> >machines in the arrangement below.
                  ______
                 |      |
                 |w2kas |
                 |______|

     _______      __|___      ______      ______
    |       |    |      |    |      |    |      |
--->|router |----|switch|----| Linux|----|switch|
 T1 |_______|    |______|    |______|    |______|
                                 |           |
            10.x.x.x/24     eth1 -  eth0     |__191.168.x.x
               WAN        IP Masq Machine      LAN

> >Real IP addresses on the router side with the
> >192.168.x.x on the switch side.  I need to put
> >a another box on the router side but still
> >have the internal LAN clients access this
> >computer from the inside.  The new computer
> >is required to be windows, and there will be
> >only windows clients accessing it.

tony mollica
tmollica@silcom.com