Re: Network problem/question.

No misunderstanding.  For the purpose of this discussion,
what you've written is true.  However, while I can ping
from one side to the other, what I need to do is have the
share on the win2000server show up in the browse list(s) on
the LAN side clients.  Samba 2.0.7 is running on the Linux
masq and a winnt4 server providing WINS on the LAN side. I
suspect that there is something missing in the SAMBA config
that I need to make this work.  To be clear, I have no
control over the WAN side of this setup other than a useable
share on the win2000server.  If there is no alternative, I
can change the entire LAN side to the IP network of the WAN
side and remove the Linux masq, but I would prefer to keep it
in place.  I do have an allottment of IP addresses to use.

thanks,
tony

tony mollica
tmollica@silcom.com