Re: Network problem/question.

To answer your question, on the WAN side, the router and
the win2000server have static addresses assigned by the
maintainer of the WAN.  The IP of eth1 on the Linux box is
assigned from the same subnet by me.

I'm using ipchains on the Linux box and I'm still somewhat
unclear on what you propose below.  I need to do more reading
on this and the SAMBA cross subnet browsing docs and try
again tomorrow to resolve the problem.

thanks,
tony

tony mollica