Re: Bandwidth Monitor

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 02:43:19PM -0700, Alan Poulton wrote:
| Thursday, April 11, 2002, 10:43:23 AM, dman wrote:
|
| > perl can do what you want, and so can python, c, and likely bash too.
| > I find python to be much easier to understand than perl, and better as
| > an introduction to programming.
|
| Thank you for your input. I've downloaded the latest version of Python
| and am compiling it as I type this.

apt-get install python2.2

No compilation necessary :-).

| Then I'll read up on the documentation from the Python website to
| learn about how it works and how to write scripts.

The "tutorial" there is geared towards people familiar with
programming, but not with python.  It's a good tutorial, but probably
not suited for you.

This would likely be better :
    http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

Always keep the Library Reference handy too :
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/lib.html

| With luck, I'll be able to get this to work the way I need it to.. And
| failing that, I have this to help me out (I hope?).  Unless Python
| scripting is too off topic for the list?

The "tutor" list is well-suited for that.

Enjoy!

-D

--

(E)ventually (M)allocs (A)ll (C)omputer (S)torage