Re: Bandwidth Monitor

begin  Alan Poulton quotation:

> Forgive me if I'm missing it, but I don't see the Bytes transmitted and
> received, only packets.

What version of net-tools do you have installed?  Under both current
Woody and current RedHat, it does.

> Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgable in writing scripts just yet. I'm one
> of those people who needs to be able to install something, have it work,
> and be done with it.  But that's not to say I'm against learning how to
> write scripts - it's just beyond my scope at this point in time =]

I can't recommend highly enough that you learn some basic scripting
skills.  It'll multiply what you can do with your system by orders of
magnitude, even after what you'd learn from a single one-week shell
scripting course or "learn bash in 24 hours" kind of book.

In this case, you're wanting to do something that isn't very broadly
requested; a simple script could make it happen, but without it, you are
stuck.  Perhaps someone else will oblige you with a script, though.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | Information may want to be free, but fiber
http://www.eiv.com               | optic cable wants to be one million US