Re: Building a single user Internet terminal / Done!
On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:39:52PM +0800, Crispin Wellington wrote:
> > which contains a file 'SecurityPolicy'. That seems to be applicable,
> > only quite complex! Can I accomplish the required by making changes
> > here?
> Do you have /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config?
> Read my post somewhere else in this thread re: Xwrapper.config
Ah thanks, that slipped through. Now it works just as I wanted!
- I replaced the symlink for 'xdm' in /etc/rc2 with a symlink to a new
script called /etc/init.d/kiosk.
- That script runs /usr/local/bin/startkiosk as user kiosk
- /usr/local/bin/startkiosk only does 'startx'
- in /home/kiosk/.Xsession Galeon is started fullscreen, with a few
tabs that contain some useful bookmarks.
- for the time it also starts icewm-experimental because that seems
to work better with some popups. I will experiment a little more
I am quite pleased with this setup and would like to thank all that have
helped me out with it!
Funny thing is this: I cannot establish a telnet session with the kiosk
machine. After I enter my login name I get:
System bootup in progress - please wait
and than fails. Should be because of the changes in the rc2? Is there a
way around this? Not too much of a problem (walking 3 stairs basically)
but if there is a simple solution...
Erik van der Meulen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org