Re: Building a single user Internet terminal

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 02:04:08PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> > Also I have made this, only containing 'startx'.
> > Now if I reboot, I see no X, but a message repeating:
> >
> >   X: user not authorised to run the X server, aborting.

> Change the first two lines of /etc/X11/Xserver to read:

>     /usr/bin/X11/XF86_Mach64
>     Anybody

> Unprivileged users typically can't run X unless they're standing at the
> console.

Thanks, this sounds logical. Only, I do not seem to have this file:

  /etc/X11/Xserver

(running on Sid). I do have a directory:

  /etc/X11/xserver

which contains a file 'SecurityPolicy'. That seems to be applicable,
only quite complex! Can I accomplish the required by making changes
here?

Thanks again.

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>