Re: Diagnosing poor performance

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:30:53PM +0000, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> Thanks to all who pointed out ways forward.
>
> I have switched to twm which offers all the window management I need.
>
> It seems that I was simply loading the equivalent of three operating
> systems by using kde and gnome apps interchangably on Enlightenment.
> That's sad.
>
> Tried mc.  I don't like it. Konqueror is a great file manager.  GMC is
> OK but it keeps asking how to open text files which seems an odd thing
> to need to configure.  Are there other light file managers?

rox (rox.sourceforge.net): *The* fastest file manager.
Also, for ages I've been using uwm/ude as the wm, but eventually got bored
with it. I tried windowmaker for about a day and then came across xfce and
xfwm (www.xfce.org). Try it: I'm sure you'll like it.

Have fun.

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
Computers under water due to SYN flooding.