Re: Diagnosing poor performance

On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 12:14, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:30:53PM +0000, Patrick Kirk wrote:
[snip]
> with it. I tried windowmaker for about a day and then came across xfce and
> xfwm (www.xfce.org). Try it: I'm sure you'll like it.
>
> Have fun.
I'm trying it now.  The overall impression is nice but there are some
real oddities.

1. I can't change the default buttons.

2. Menus are really difficult to edit and don't accept png images.  If I
edit xfce3rc by hand, the sodding thing reverts to the default settings
next time I login.

3. There is no place to configure useful things like what Alt-Tab does.
Currently it shows ative windows on this desktop which really isn't much
use if the application I want is on another.

4. It says on man xfce you can drag programs onto the Add to Menu
button.  How?  All I can achieve is moving the program about the
screen.  ITs like the button is waitng for some event that I don;t know
about.

I like xfce but would like to see a way to sort out these bugbears.
Thanks for the url.