Re: spamassassin. CAREFUL ON UPGRADE

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:07:49 -0800, Cam Ellison wrote:

>* David Roundy (droundy@civet.berkeley.edu) wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 07:15:08PM -0500, Brian Clark wrote:
>> > * Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.com) [Feb 15. 2002 18:59]:

>tries to assure me of this every time I fire it up.  :-P
>> >
>> > Surely I'm not the only one seeing the above as a single line? Your
>> > messages aren't wrapped at 70 over here.
>>
>> No, you're not crazy, I see it as a long line also!
>> --
>Bloody Hell!  I'm hearing this from others, also.
>
>You have my abject apology.  I don't like it when it happens to me,
>though I don't see it now, since I'm using mutt, which seems to
>wrap automatically (with what I assume is a warning -- there's a
>little red dot at the break point.  What I'm typing now is
>deliberately wrapped, by the way.
>
>What setting do I need in my .emacs file to ensure that it wraps?
>I've been through the tutorial and the customization menu, and have
>yet to see anything that tells me how to set it.

See auto-fill in help.  My .emacs file contains:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

"M-x auto-fill" toggles in and out of the mode.  You can specify the
number of columns to wrap at or accept the default. I think the default
is 72 columns, but help can tell you more. Or, you can look at the
source.

gt
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash