Re: spamassassin. CAREFUL ON UPGRADE

* dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) [Feb 12. 2002 15:52]:

[...]

> | But, FWIW, I ran into the same problem with spamassassin and had to
> | move my old .cf to /etc/spamassassin/local.cf and it seemed to go
> | OK. (This was a few days ago.)

> This should have happened automatically.  It worked for me, but YMMV.

The output from dpkg let me know that my original config was renamed to
60_spamassassin.cf (something like that) and, IIRC, said something about
moving that file to local.cf, but I don't remember the exact wording.

I noticed after the upgrade no spam was caught. :-\ Everything is A-OK
now, it appears.

> | Also, the scoring /seemed/ to be a little less agressive.

> The scoring is different.  It is an attempt to reduce the false
> positives, but introduced some false negatives as a side effect.
> (also the spamphrases and auto-whitelist don't work right, they're
> going to be fixed in the next release).  If you find spam that didn't
> get flagged by SA, bounce it to spamassassin-sightings@lists.sf.net.
> This will add it to the corpus that the scores are based on.  The
> scores are constantly evolving based on current spammer practice.

Hey, that's nifty. I adjusted some of my scoring and I only get one or
two that find their way through, but I'll surely zip those off to that
address.

--
Brian Clark | Debian GNU/Linux: 3950 packages to keep you busy.
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8