Re: X too big; login double; fetchmail kaputt

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:51:49AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach nori heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> [2002.01.09.0141 +0100]:
| > yes, it obviously did.  not just the fonts and icons -- it's as if i'm
| > seeing the entire screen blown up about 50x, but because it's so big,
| > all my screen can display is the upper-leftmost corner of it.  the
| > little icons in the corner or the screen, which are usually about 75px
| > big, are now about 200 or 250px.  each.

This is caused by having a small real resolution and a large virtual
resolution.  It is nice if you want to have a 1024x768 display on a
small monitor that can only handle 640x480.  One thing I've noticed is
that you want to put the high resolutions first in the Modeline part
of the Screen section.  It goes in order trying them till one works.

| > > PrintMotd no
| > > PrintLastLog no
| >
| > commented out.  didn't do anything.

You want those line not commented out.

| /etc/init.d/ssh restart

Nah, just

    /etc/init.d/ssh force-reload

that way you don't kill any current connections (I did it minutes ago
before I came home :-)).

-D

--

Microsoft encrypts your Windows NT password when stored on a Windows CE
device. But if you look carefully at their encryption algorithm, they

http://www.cegadgets.com/artsusageP.htm