Re: X too big; login double; fetchmail kaputt

on Tue, 08 Jan 2002 08:29:02PM -0500, dman insinuated:
> This is caused by having a small real resolution and a large virtual
> resolution.  It is nice if you want to have a 1024x768 display on a
> small monitor that can only handle 640x480.  One thing I've noticed is
> that you want to put the high resolutions first in the Modeline part
> of the Screen section.  It goes in order trying them till one works.

this isn't working, but poking around in that file, i noticed that i
set my driver to "svga" and i'm not at all sure if this is right -- in
fact, i'm kind of sure it's wrong -- but i *do* remember choosing it
in the dselect menu somewhere along the way.  now i'm not sure how to
change it, since running dselect config generates the same errors as
to perl locales (LANG, LC, LANGUAGE) that i was previously getting.
but i think if i put the right thing here, X will stop being huge.

> | > commented out.  didn't do anything.
>
> You want those line not commented out.

right, i did, i meant, "UNcommented out.  didn't do anything" -- which
was, of course, because i hadn't restarted it.  fixed now; thanks.

</nori>

-------------------------http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html