Re: OT: xargs & vi

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:24:28AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> [2002.01.09.0124 +0100]:
| > :-).  Hmm, interesting, vim is able to read the filename from stdin.
|
| ???
|
| echo .muttrc | vim -
|
| gives me a new file in vim with contents ".muttrc", but it doesn't open
| .muttrc...

That is supposed to happen.  I tried what you were doing :

ls .muttrc | xargs vim

I didn't think that would work (once I straightened out my
understanding of the stdin stuff), but it does.

-D

--

"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and
impossible to accomplish complex actions."