Re: emergency shutdown?

If I just type 'rescue' at the boot prompt I get the slightly different
error message 'Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00', so
this doesn't provide me with the chance to run fdisk, or anything else.
But, I know that I've only got hda1 thru' 4 and I've tried all of them -
thou' I know hda3 is Windows and hda4 is /home