Re: How to handle whitespace in filenames ???

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 01:10:21 -0600, Michael D. Schleif wrote:

>Craig Dickson wrote:
>>
>> Michael D. Schleif wrote:

>Which keystrokes did I miss?  I even created exactly your example
>directories to prove that you *DID NOT* test this prior to posting ;>
>

>C:\>mkdir cygwin
>
>C:\>d:
>
>D:\TMP>cd\
>
>D:\>mkdir cygwin
>
>D:\>cd\tmp
>
>D:\TMP>c:
>
>C:\>cd d:\cygwin
>
>C:\>d:
>
>D:\cygwin>cd cygwin

you are sitting in d:\cygwin

d:\cygwin>cd cygwin says go to the subdirectory 'cygwin' in cygwin
thus: d:\cygwin\cygwin -- which you do not have.

>The system cannot find the path specified.
>
>D:\cygwin>ver

See ^^^ you're in cygwin directory on the d: drive, just as c:\cd
d:\cygwin asked.

gt

Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash