Re: How to handle whitespace in filenames ???

> 	cd c:\Program Files

Pure Linux users always forget to learn basic windows know-how before
trashing it -- cd "c:\Program Files" would work just fine. cd
"/mswin/Program Files" would work just fine as well, no? I was feeling
ghetto today so I typed cd /mswin/Program\ Files and got around just
fine.

> would this work? I'd like to suggest this IS intuitive, is it?
> OK. Now, you are going to tell me, that using gmc and StarOffice, you
> never have to cd anywhere. And I'll spare you my answer.

This isn't a gui vs. console flame war.  Many of us, myself included,
use the console quite a bit -- tex over wysiwyg for most written texts,
if you ask me.  Lilypond over Finale for musical scores...

..but to dismiss Gnome, StarOffice &c as the "idiot's tools for Unix" is
ridiculous, dated and immature.  We all need a healthy dose of both,
whitespace or not.

cheers,
Matt