Printing HOWTOs a problem. Newbie #61

Hi,

I print out some of the HOWTOs for reading.

say ...........

$ zless /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/Net-HOWTO.txt.gz | pr -o4 | lpr

After a few pages the printing suddenly slips down the page and is then across
the tear line of the continuous stationary that I use.

This has happened on all of the HOWTOs that I have printed, and despite
repositioning the paper in the middle of the print run, it will happen again
and again after a few pages each time.

It seems that the HOWTO documents have incorrect page-breaks, but how can
this be after all this time?  Is there something I could/should be doing to
correct this?

Note that I pipe through the pr programme to use the -o4 setting for the
margin as the margin option in lpr does nothing on my printer (just using a
dot-matrix machine)  Have tried another (really compatible on the debian
printer list) with no improvement.

Any and all suggestions welcomed with thanks.

Regards
Ian
    Ian Balchin
    Grahamstown, South Africa.