Re: Squid in a school - problems with https

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:44:00 +0000 (UTC)
miquels@cistron-office.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) wrote:

> IE has the tendency to not show the errors that are being
> generated by the remote server or by the proxy, but to replace it
> with its own error message. You can turn that off somewhere,
> I believe, which would make trouble shooting a *lot* easier.

OK, thanks everyone who helped me with the problem. It was indeed an
Internet Explorer issue. I installed Opera on a test Win 98 workstation
and it worked perfectly. I have now taken steps to move over to Opera as
our browser of choice. The free version does have adverts, but I have
configured it to show those which could be deemed 'educational'. The
pupils see advertising on nearly every site they visit anyhow so the
occasional advert in Opera does them no harm!

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux

/"\