Re: Squid in a school - problems with https

Phillip Deackes said:

> Trawlling through the news archives it is obviously a lot of people
> are having problems accessing secure web sites using squid. If
> there is no easy solution, would moving to an older version of
> squid help? We are not bothered about features, we just need a way
> of maximising our Internet connection.

would be helpful if you gave error messages. i am writing
this email from squirrelmail(web email) running on apache-ssl,
composing from Opera 5.0/linux running through a squid 2.2.5
proxy through SSL no problems. i use squid everyday on ssl
and have never had a problem.

what EXACTLY are you having problems with? is it saying permission
denied? or is it hanging or what? what does squid logs say?

ive been usin squid for a couple years now and no problems..

i haven't seriously used IE in at least 3 years so if its
IE specific i can't help. does the problem occur in other
browsers?

nate