Re: Squid in a school - problems with https

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:05:05PM +0000, Phillip Deackes wrote:

> Internet Explorer issue. I installed Opera on a test Win 98 workstation
> and it worked perfectly. I have now taken steps to move over to Opera as
> our browser of choice. The free version does have adverts, but I have
> configured it to show those which could be deemed 'educational'. The
> pupils see advertising on nearly every site they visit anyhow so the
> occasional advert in Opera does them no harm!

You should contact the opera people and see if they will sponsor your schoool
and give you the full version to use.  You could offer to distribute their ad
versioned browser on CD to all the kids.   Could be a great coup for both
sides.

joe
--
Don't forget to feed your brainworms chocolate covered mothballs or the pigs
will eat grandma on the farm.