Re: Which mail user agent do you use?

First :

check the User-Agent: or X-Mailer: headers to see what people are
using.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:26:11PM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:

| Now I use mutt, which allows me to use my own text editor (emacs),

Ditto, but ugh (I use vim :-)).

| supports multiple accounts,

What do you mean by this?  Do you mean that it is able to read from
multiple POPS/IMAP servers or that you can edit the headers so that
the message comes from a different name/address?

| doesn't crash, supports all the common mailbox formats (I prefer
| maildir), intelligently handles mailing lists, and is configurable

Ditto.

BTW, Mahogany (on sourceforge) is another mailer out there.  It uses
C++ and wxWindows for the GUI.  As a result it can look like GTK+,
Motif, or MSW depending on which wxWindows (and os) you are using.
They also embed the python interpreter so you can extend it with
python.

Once I found out about mutt's awesome mailing list handling and the
ability to have multiple "inbox" folders (procmail delivery) I
stopped looking at other mailers.  It is also really nice for using
when you don't have an X server or a fast connection to the host you
read mail on.

-D