Re: xfree DGA module and vmware

Alejandro Diego Garin said:
> Hi all!
>
> Someone know anything about a DGA extension needed for vmware to
> use  fullscreen mode?

vmware has always required DGA for fullscreen mode. in
many X 3.3.6 servers it was built in. x4 is very modular.
vmware even had special X servers with DGA support for
the early days of vmware when some cards(like my #9 Imagine
128 Series 2) lacked DGA support in the official xfree tree.

most all games(fullscreen) require dga as well. which is
a big selling point for xfree as the competition doesn't
have comparable support for DGA(Xinside will tell you
DGA is too dangerous - and it is dangerous, one wrong move
and the system can crash. but its all we got)

nate