Re: Mozilla is so slow! Problem with my upgrade to 2.2r3?

On 03 Oct 2001, Jussi Ekholm wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 10:37:06AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > Don't really get on with Opera myself. I always seem to come back to
> > Netscape in the end, with all its faults. The 4.7 versions seem to crash
> > less often than earlier ones.
>
> What about Konqueror, have you tried it? For me, Konqueror has done
> the job, and very nicely even. So far I haven't encountered a site,
> that wouldn't work right. Konqu is handy, as it can use Netscape
> plugins, as well.
>
> I assume you have tried Konqueror, but decided still to throw my
> 2 cents on the table. :-)

No; people have recommended Konqueror but I found that it wanted to
install all kinds of stuff connected with KDE which I don't want on my
machine; I like icewm (keep it simple).

Others I've tried include Mozilla (quite like it), Skipstone, and Links.
Skipstone crashes a lot and Links keeps wiping out its booklist, for
some reason.

One limitation I have is that my bank won't accept anything but Netscape.

--
Anthony Campbell - running Debian GNU/Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur: Aye, so can I, or so can any man
         But will they come when you do call to them?
	                         [Shakespeare, I Henry IV]