Re: Mozilla is so slow! Problem with my upgrade to 2.2r3?

Simon Law wrote:

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Peter Christensen wrote:

Anyway, I thought I would post this question here just in case it's an
obvious, easily fixed problem.   Otherwise, I'll just re-install from a
new set of disks.  By the way, my computer is a Pentium 200 MHz, with 32
MB of RAM.  Is this too antiquated to run Mozilla, or perhaps Gnome or
Galeon eventually???

	Oh my.  You're going to get a lot of responses telling you to
upgrade; but my guess is that you're problems stems from low RAM.  On
32 MB of RAM, you're going to start running deep into virtual memory
because of Mozilla's big footprint.  I've heard good things about Galeon,
but on your computer, you may just want to stick with lynx-ssl.

Simon

Or you could try Opera. It's c;osed source thought but a very nice and fast browser. It runs reasonably fast (means faster than Netscape) on my P133 with 80MB RAM.
You can get .debs from the Operasite: http://www.opera.com

Frank