Re: Help! with exim -- freezing mail

Nothing quite like replying to your own posts:

I sent the previous message last night & went to bed.  This morning, everything is going where it should, I guess (in part) because I re-installed.  However, some messages were still frozen, and I got an error message saying something about not being able to find a procmail pipe.  I commented out the procmail references in exim.conf, and that seems to have solved it.  Interestingly, there were no error messages previously about procmail, so I'm still of the opinion (though I stand to be corrected) that the original problem was that exim was looking for the wrong user.

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers

Cam

* Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.com) wrote:
> * Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> > on Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 09:18:48PM -0700, Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.=
> com) wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >=20
> > It's not clear what you're describing.
> >=20
> OK. let me start again.  I have exim and fetchmail running.  There is a .fe=
> tchmailrc in /root that points to my ISP.  There is a .forward file in /hom=
> e/cam that was working just fine before I had to reinstall the system.  (It=
>  has not been touched.)
>
> Fetchmail works fine.  Exim cannot seem to find me (or my .forward file) an=
> d delivers my mail to root, which then gets bounced to my Inbox, since mess=
> ages to root and postmaster get bounced to me.
>
> This is the second attempt to send a reply to your latest one.  The first w=
> as long, had big chunks of exim.conf in it (i.e. it took me a while to writ=
> e), and was refused by exim.  Here is the paniclog:
>
> 2001-09-06 21:48:33 15fDZB-0004PX-00 Unable to get root to set uid and gid =
> for local delivery to cam: uid=3D8 euid=3D8
> 2001-09-06 21:48:33 15fDZB-0004Pa-00 Unable to get root to set uid and gid =
<snip>

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast