INCOMPATIBILITY FOUND: Re: IrDA stopped working after kernel upgrade to 2.4.9

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 12:47:11AM +0200, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just stated that the reason is that the "irattach" is not running.
> When I start it by hand with "irattach /dev/ttyS1", everything works
> correctly. But now I really don't know what is the correlation with
> kernel upgrade =:-( ?

THIS IS associated with kernel upgrade. The real reason of my problems
is that "irmanager" does nor start. When I tried to run it by hand:
"/etc/init.d/irmanager start" it didn't start, and in the /var/log/daemon
I found:
Aug 23 00:56:10 wzab modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-9

So it seems that the major number or IrDA devices has changed between 2.2.18
and 2.4.9

So I think, that the deb "http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main "
collection should be suplemented with new version of "irda-common" package.
--
	                      Wojciech M. Zabolotny
	http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab  <--> wzab@ise.pw.edu.pl

http://www.debian.org  Use Linux - save your data and time