pilot-xfer stopped working after kernel upgrade to 2.4.9

Hi All,

I have upgraded my Debian box to kernel 2.4.9
I have added:
deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
to my /etc/apt/sources.list and upgraded the necessary packages.

Now, when I run the pilot-xfer, it displays the message:
Waiting for connection on /dev/pilot (press the HotSync button now)...
And waits forever. I've stated that the appropriate modules are loaded:
(Output from lsmod:
Module                  Size  Used by
ircomm-tty             32080   1  (autoclean)
ircomm                 14576   0  (autoclean) [ircomm-tty]
[...]
)
But I've noticed that serial interrupts are not activated:
(Output from cat /proc/interrupts:
  0:     128286          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       4372          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  eth0
 10:       7160          XT-PIC  es1371, eth1
 12:      37128          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:       7780          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         41          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0
)
So it seems that irda modules do not communicate properly with the serial
device?
I've tried to load "irport" or "irtty" modules by hand but it didn't help
The BIOS is probably configured properly, because IrDA works with Win98.

Everything worked perfectly before the kernel upgrade :-(
--
				TIA & Regards,
	                      Wojciech M. Zabolotny

http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab/picadc/picadc.html - Build your FREE Data