Re: pilot-xfer stopped working after kernel upgrade to 2.4.9

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 02:04:34PM +0200, thomas wrote:

> What kernel did you run before? Did you use 'make oldconfig' before you
> made the new kernel?
I used "make menuconfig" and configured the kernel by hand (having read
the configuration from the old 2.2.18 config), was it wrong?
Does "oldconfig" makes some magic conversions from old version of
configfile?

>Are the modules for the serial modules in
> /lib/modules/2.4.9? Did you forget to compile them in the kernel?
> 'dmesg | grep serial' after a reboot might help.

No my serial driver is configured into the kernel
dmesg | grep serial outputs nothing, but 'dmesg | grep 165' reports:
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

When I use my own program using the serial port or "minicom" the serial
interrupts get activated (in /proc interrupts:
           CPU0
  0:     570951          XT-PIC  timer
  1:      16118          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:          9          XT-PIC  serial
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:     138453          XT-PIC  eth0
 10:      35904          XT-PIC  es1371, eth1
 12:     221904          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      37033          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         41          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0
)

So it is not a problem with serial drivers probably. (Anyway irport should
work even without serial driver, but didn't)
--
				Regards,
	                      Wojciech M. Zabolotny

http://www.debian.org  Use Linux - save your data and time