Re: Help with NIC configuration.

It's still not working, bit this is what I did.

I used 'dselect' to install 'pump'.

Edited the /etc/network/interfaces file to be:

    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    hostname myhostname

Rebooted.

It still behaves the same way.  I can't ping 127.0.0.1, I get the
"unreachable" error.

Is there a sequential checklist that I should be following?  I *can* see the
driver when I do "lsmod", so it would seem there would be a next logical
test that would identify exactly what is not working.  It appears to be that
TCP/IP is not working/installed.  If I can see the driver, but I can't ping
127.0.0.1 - I would think that would narrow it down.

Is the Potato-to-Woody upgrade fixed yet?  Maybe I should try that again,
since the network did configure under Potoato. Or maybe I should try to go
from Potato-to-Testing?  Or Potato-to-Sid?  Or maybe this can be made to
work.

Thanks

 - Bill