Help with NIC configuration.

I am trying to install Woody from the ISO images, but am having trouble
configuring my network card (which is connected to my cable modem).

When I installed Potato, the installation process had a dialog that prompted
me to select and configure extra kernel modules - so I was able to get the
ne2k-pci module working.  Woody does not seem to have this dialog, it goes
directly to the "dselect" screen.  Is this normal?  Or do I have a bad ISO
image?

I have been trying to manually install the module.  "insmod ne2k-pci"
generated some errors, but "modprobe ne2k-pci" seemed to work.  I could then
do a "lsmod" and see the module loaded.  Then I ran "ifconfig eth0 netmask
255.255.255.0 eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx" which did not give me any errors.  After
doing that, I could not "ping 127.0.0.1" or ping my address specified in my
ifconfig statement.  Pinging 127.0.0.1 said "unreachable host" and pinging
my actual address said "neighbor table overflow" (I think).

Is there an easier way to do this?

Was the kernel module dialog removed from Woody's installation process?

I couldn't use Potato to upgrade to Woody, because it said "Perl 32 broken
pipe" or something like that when I tried to upgrade by adjusting my
sources.list file.  I think I need Woody to support my videocard

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!