Re: How can I make a bootable, Woody, base-only cd?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 09:22:20PM -0700, George Jetson wrote:
> How can I make a bootable, Woody, base-only cd? I'm a MS Windows guy trying
> to break into linux as a newbie. Please don't tell me to go to
> cdimage.debian.org.  Thanks.

To be quite honest, if you're a newbie I wouldn't advise you to try it
yet, as woody - and especially its installation system - are still in
active development.

However, if you really want to give it a shot, get woody installed
somewhere else and 'apt-get source debian-cd'. You might like to have a
look at the source for boot-floppies too, if you're feeling
enthusiastic.