Re: sysadmin won't allow linux - PLEASE HELP

On 15 Aug 2001 19:48:49 -0500, W. Paul Mills wrote:
> randy@reames.org (Randy Reames) writes:
>
> > I seriously doubt Linux or Open Source will be ever outlawed. No
> > matter what MS does. Too many companies rely on it (whether they
> > admit it or not). Hotmail is still full of FreeBSD machines.
> > Besides even Hollywood, one of the biggest industries in the US is
> > converting.
> >
> > http://news.excite.com/news/r/010814/21/tech-linux-hollywood
> >
> > Sure the home desktops and office servers run Windows, but where it
> > counts its either Linux or Unix, and with the slump in the hi-tech
> > industry - proprietary, expensive Unix's are being replaced with Linux.
> >
> > $.02
>

> Even the US Postal Service uses Linux ;-)

My prediction is that Linux will be outlawed in 3 years as a system
which is legaly declared as "primarily" for copyright circumvention.
Just wait until MS buys their way out of the lawsuit with the
republicans.  MS will then continue to erode their own users rights in
favor of the DVDCCA, RIAA and MPAA and whine that linux should be forced
to as well.  I doubt Linux will be implementing these mandatory
copyright controls and other bunk.  Hence 3 years from now the DMCA (I'm
sure with additional resitrictive changes) will make us all criminals.
I think we should all move offshore now really.  I really hope it
doesn't happen but I can certainly see it.

--mike