Re: sysadmin won't allow linux - PLEASE HELP

Meanwhile, behind the facade of an innocent looking bookstore Allen Linkenhoker wrote:
> Matt, regarding the potential outlawing of Linux:
>
> They can take my install CD when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
>
> (with no apologies whatsoever to the NRA and Charlton Heston ;>)
>
> Given that we've got the ultimate corporate whore in the Oval Office right
> now, who knows what could happen!

nip>

I seriously doubt Linux or Open Source will be ever outlawed. No
matter what MS does. Too many companies rely on it (whether they
admit it or not). Hotmail is still full of FreeBSD machines.
Besides even Hollywood, one of the biggest industries in the US is
converting.

http://news.excite.com/news/r/010814/21/tech-linux-hollywood

Sure the home desktops and office servers run Windows, but where it
counts its either Linux or Unix, and with the slump in the hi-tech
industry - proprietary, expensive Unix's are being replaced with Linux.

$.02

--
| Randy Reames  | www.reames.org      |