Re: sysadmin won't allow linux - PLEASE HELP

On Wednesday 15 August 2001 21:44, Michael Heldebrant pronounced:
> On 15 Aug 2001 19:48:49 -0500, W. Paul Mills wrote:
> > randy@reames.org (Randy Reames) writes:
> >
> > > I seriously doubt Linux or Open Source will be ever outlawed. No
> > > matter what MS does. Too many companies rely on it (whether they
> > > admit it or not). Hotmail is still full of FreeBSD machines.
> > > Besides even Hollywood, one of the biggest industries in the US is
> > > converting.
> > >
> > > http://news.excite.com/news/r/010814/21/tech-linux-hollywood
> > >
> > > Sure the home desktops and office servers run Windows, but where it
> > > counts its either Linux or Unix, and with the slump in the hi-tech
> > > industry - proprietary, expensive Unix's are being replaced with Linux.
> > >
> > > $.02
> >

> > Even the US Postal Service uses Linux ;-)
>
> My prediction is that Linux will be outlawed in 3 years as a system
> which is legaly declared as "primarily" for copyright circumvention.
> Just wait until MS buys their way out of the lawsuit with the
> republicans.  MS will then continue to erode their own users rights in
> favor of the DVDCCA, RIAA and MPAA and whine that linux should be forced
> to as well.  I doubt Linux will be implementing these mandatory
> copyright controls and other bunk.  Hence 3 years from now the DMCA (I'm
> sure with additional resitrictive changes) will make us all criminals.
> I think we should all move offshore now really.  I really hope it
> doesn't happen but I can certainly see it.
>
> --mike

1984??

certainly, mega$#!+ would like for us to believe that. and spreads fud,
despair, and hopelessness to the unassimilated. (see os/2 and the cooperation
provided by ibm!) but handwringing is not for me.

linux is here to stay - that is, until a better linux comes along. more
likely what will happen in three years is mega$#!+ will learn to play with
linux, *or* they will be assimulated! the latter is my goal!

--
regards,
allen wayne best, esq

Living a mega$#!+ (clean) life!