Re: Starting with postgreSQL and pgaccess

Joost Kooij [debian-user] <17/07/01 21:55 +0200>:
>....Just create a valid user with your id, grant priviledges
> to create new databases and then after that you can do most or all things
> as regular user.

First of all, thanks Joost, it now works for the postgres superuser only, not for other users I've defined.

Now the problem of this absolute beginner is the definition of ID when
using createuser. What exactly should I input at the prompt for it? My
user ID as a linux user (the one I find in records in file
/etc/passwd) or what else?

Thanks again

Vittorio