Re: Folders in Mutt

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 04:37:57PM +1000, Sam Varghese muttered:

Sam> I am a newbie to mutt - after flirting with a
Sam> dozen or more GUI mail programs.
Sam>
Sam> I have managed to configure most of what I want in
Sam> mutt but the setting up of folders just beats me.
Sam>
Sam> I'd like to have a few folders into which I can
Sam> move mail after reading but if the mail supposed to
Sam> go there does so automatically I wouldn't mind either.
Sam>
Sam> I'd appreciate feedback from any mutt user on this
Sam> list.

To copy mail into a folder (does not overwrite existing mail in that
folder), just depress C and specify the folder to the resulting dialog
when viewing that piece of mail, or from the index

To just save the folder copy, depress d, then follow same sequence

I'm still coming up to speed on mutt myself, but the more I use it, the
more I enjoy it. I just about totally abandoned Outlook Express in Windows a week ago as I've been able to expand my knowledge of mutt. Press <F1> for full documentation, then use your editor's search function to explore different features. The list is also very helpful

--
David