Re: Starting with postgreSQL and pgaccess

Victor wrote:
  >Now the problem of this absolute beginner is the definition of ID when
  >using createuser. What exactly should I input at the prompt for it? My
  >user ID as a linux user (the one I find in records in file
  >/etc/passwd) or what else?

This is an arbitrary identifier that defaults to be the same as the
user's Unix login (with createuser) or the next available uid (CREATE USER).
There is rarely any need to specify it, so take the default if prompted.

     "Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another;
      be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and
      humble. Do not repay evil for evil or insult for
      insult, but with blessing, because to this you were
      called so that you may inherit a blessing."
                                          I Peter 3:8,9