Thin-X-Client-Laptop

Hi,

I want to run X-Applications on my (old) laptop (486; Debian 2.0) while connected (via PLIP) to the Server (Pentium, Suse 7.1).

On the laptop I installed the X-server - that means - I am able to move the mouse-cursor on the screen only (no menues, no window).
On the server I installed the whole X-stuff (KDE, applications).
In textmode I am able to ping and telnet the server.

What do I have to do now? - as I am a beginner in Linux please send me 'foolproof`' instructions and hints.

BTW: Is there any chance for a lowmem.bin for Debian 2.2?

Thanks in advance for any help and greetings from Vienna
Dieter