Re: ~/.Xmodmap (was: Customizing the console key map?)

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 07:29:36PM -0500, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> Sure it does ... write out a _complete_ map before you make changes,
> copy it to a safe place, make changes, save them, and use diff to see
> what changed.  Worked for me ... I now have no caps lock key, three
> ctrl keys, and a compose key :)

I am still in the same boat after having used xkeycaps.  I get:
9~
when I hit the menu key in an xterm, and bbkeys does not seem to
register it.  Of course, xev still returns the same keysyms and
keycodes as before.  So... the big question is, how do I know if
the changes are in fact working, and if bbkeys is screwed?

Is there an easy way to check for Mod3 and Mod4 events?

TIA,
--
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")