Re: What kernel module for "Sound Max Digital Audio"?

Kent West wrote:

> [...]
>
> So I ran through it again, this time with a "2> error.log" appended, and
> this time putting in "100" on the three questions about frame size,etc.
> Here's the contents of error.log:
> > touch: creating `/etc/alsa/modutils/0.5': No such file or directory
> > grep: /etc/alsa/modutils/0.5: No such file or directory
> > modprobe: Can't locate module snd
> > cat: /proc/asound/version: No such file or directory
> > expr: syntax error
> > modprobe: Can't locate module snd

You are very close. =) If i recall correctly, the first time i used alsaconf happened to me too...

Now, try "modprobe -l", you should find a module called something like "snd-card-intel_810.o". Now look in the first two line
of your /etc/modutils/alsa (it should be the symlink pointing to "/etc/alsa/modutils/0.5"): i think the second is something
like "alias snd-card-0 snd", try modifying in "alias snd-card-0 intel_810" (put the name of the module you have found using
modprobe), and restart alsa ("/etc/init.d/alsa restart"). Look in "/var/log/syslog" file for further error messages.

Andrea