Re: WYSIWYG editor (Prev. Rebooting is foolish)

On Monday 19 February 2001 16:45, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> > urgh, however.. i still have to use Windows for Dreamweaver, any
> > suggestions anyone?
> >
> > it needs to be a WYSIWYG-editor (till i finally cleanup the generated
> > code) that handles nested tables well.. and yes i know they shouldnt be
> > used too much, and i wouldnt if i had a server to run apache and a DB
>
> Netscape Composer?

..poor tables support IMHO..

Amaya doesnt seem an option either, as it does not display the nested tables
correctly..

Mozilla's Composer, works.. but is unstable (last time i checked 2 weeks ago
that is) and horridly slow.

> Actually, I don't understand the part about "if i had a server".
> If
> you've got a Linux box, you can run Apache and any one of several DB's
> on it, and test out your pages locally.

replace that with "if i had a machine to spair".

yes, you can test them locally. But because the website i maintain is not
hosted by me but by an ISP.. theres no way to make a webpage that makes use
of DBs. If it is possible to query a static DB that is on the ISPs homepage
server from a normal html page (or anyother scripting language that does not
require a server as backend to query DBs) do point me to it.

I've already spent enough time searching for a simple solution for
maintaining this site which has about 100 static pages, currently i use a few
(crude and awfully simple) scripts to automate some of it.