Re: Rebooting is foolish ....

William Leese wrote:

> heh, noted.. using a seagate HD here.. only a few months old, had one prob
> with it.. which had something to do with the powersaving feature i'm
> guessing. can't see any reason to reboot linux at all, with exception as
> someone already said installing a new kernel.. but otherwise......

I, like others here, have had a better experience with Western Digital
than Seagate.  No wonder Seagate has been in the backup business.

> urgh, however.. i still have to use Windows for Dreamweaver, any suggestions
> anyone?
>
> it needs to be a WYSIWYG-editor (till i finally cleanup the generated code)
> that handles nested tables well.. and yes i know they shouldnt be used too
> much, and i wouldnt if i had a server to run apache and a DB

Netscape Composer?

Actually, I don't understand the part about "if i had a server".  If
you've got a Linux box, you can run Apache and any one of several DB's
on it, and test out your pages locally.