Re: Rebooting is foolish ....

On Friday 16 February 2001 17:27, Nate Amsden wrote:
> try avoid rebooting whenever possible. i had a bad experience with
> rebooting
> not too long ago. a sun ultra 10..up for about 130 days..shut it down to
> move a UPS, it never came back up. spent the next 15-20 hours rebuilding
> it.
>
> fucking seagate hd. fucking sun!# argh.
>
> lesson learned: in 5 years seagate still doesn't make hard disks that
> are
> worth a shit.(that was the last time i risked using them) in another
> system with seagate cheetahs on raid5, we had a drive die within a week
> of the system going into production. quite sad.

heh, noted.. using a seagate HD here.. only a few months old, had one prob
with it.. which had something to do with the powersaving feature i'm
guessing. can't see any reason to reboot linux at all, with exception as
someone already said installing a new kernel.. but otherwise......

urgh, however.. i still have to use Windows for Dreamweaver, any suggestions
anyone?

it needs to be a WYSIWYG-editor (till i finally cleanup the generated code)
that handles nested tables well.. and yes i know they shouldnt be used too
much, and i wouldnt if i had a server to run apache and a DB