Rebooting is foolish ....

Hello to the group,
	Recently there were comments made as to the "foolishness" of rebooting
just to reset an edited config file. How about a list of the cli entrys
that would have accomplished this? Are there different ones for
different config files? SHUP something? blabla stop/start/restart????
	It's a wonderful thing to already know all this... how about sharing?
And if the standard RTFM reply is to be used ... please specify which
freaking manual we are refering to reading.
	Any hostility you may percieve is directed at my newbie ignorance and
the "joys"? of the learning curve ... gurrrrrrrrrrr!

TIA,
Sam Morgan

http://www.wcc.net/~peacemkr