GRUB - LILO

I am interested how I can make GRUB my favorite boot loader.

Right now make-kpkg wants to run Lilo. I just need to get the files in
place and GRUB will do the rest, i can change the menu, if necesary by
hand.

By the way, why are many using Lilo. In my opinion, GRUB does not break
as easy. Once running, it is good for starting.
The reason, you can already explore at boottime the whole file system.
Thus if your kernel-build goes wrong, you just start an other
kernel.(even if it is NOT in the boot-menu)
(think about broken lilo, it won't start ... and if some lines are
missing, there is no old kernel to boot)

Or do I miss an issue about the GRUB?

Thank, mattHias Wieser
--
    /\_/\  \ \_/ \_/ /       *  Matthias Wieser  *