Re: Boston area: which ISP would you recommend

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 08:17:41PM -0500, Paul D. Smith wrote:
> RCN is also DHCP only (well, maybe you can get static for more $$, I'm
> not sure), but so far I've only had my address change once in 8 months,
> and I think it was some kind of infrastructure change since the new
> address was _completely_ different than the old one (new class A even,
> IIRC).

There are no longer such things as class A addresses.

Net 24.0.0.0/8 has been reserved for data over cable providers.  I'll
bet your new address starts with 24 :)

I believe the same thing has occurred with net 65.0.0.0/8 but for dsl
service, though I'm not sure ... @Home has several allocations from
that block.  @Home does do more than just cable though.

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.