Re: Boston area: which ISP would you recommend

FWIW, I've had RCN in Lexington (MA) for 8 months now and it's great; no
bandwidth or latency issues at all, and I've not noticed any service
outages.  But, they had to basically lay all new infrastructure here so
maybe it's different in Boston proper.

RCN is also DHCP only (well, maybe you can get static for more $$, I'm
not sure), but so far I've only had my address change once in 8 months,
and I think it was some kind of infrastructure change since the new
address was _completely_ different than the old one (new class A even,
IIRC).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools