Re: Where do I go from here? was: HT configure an IDE/ATAPI ZIP drive?

    will> On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 04:11:26AM -0600, Kent West wrote:

    will> so it's a good thing to try -- if you power down and/or
    will> disconnect your zip drive, THEN try the eject button after
    will> powering it back on. if it doesn't do its thing, you've got
    will> a drive problem. if it does, then your system isn't
    will> communicating the right signals.  [good luck, there!]

(Sorry about the delay. It's been a busy few days.)

But let me say again: this is an _internal_ ide/atapi drive. It does
not hook up to the parallel port or to the usb. So disconnecting would
be, well, inconvenient, and I'm not sure what I would gain in terms of
troubleshooting.

Also, I can eject under Windoze. Wouldn't that indicate a software
problem?

dmg

--
Dan Griswold